Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LinkeServer Problems...

Hey NG,
I haved installed a linked server (SQL-Server200), but when I click on the
Table or views the following error occours:
--
Fehler 7399: Der OLE DB-Provider 'SQLOLEDB' meldete einen Fehler.
OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBInitialize::Initialize
returned 0x80004005: ].
--
in my Firewall/Router I have open the Port 1433.
what should I do to make the LinkedServer running well.hey Anthony,
thanx for your answer, but my problem is that I dont't understand anything
of the "Security mappings" and the "Windows Authentication Delegation". I am
only familiar with the normal Windows-Users and -Groups administration.
I have never heard something about SPN (do you mean the Service Principle
Name )...
My question is: Is this a normal configuration I have to do, or the problems
come from a misconfiguration of my system?
Sincerely,
Hans Pickelmann
"AnthonyThomas" <Anthony.Thomas@.CommerceBank.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:%23mQjqXL1EHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> That's an initialization failure...a pretty generic OLEDB error. Sounds
> like you have yet to configure the Security mappings correctly. If you
> are attempting to use Windows Authentication Delegation, you have a LOT of
> work ahead of you to configure Kerberos correctly for delegation.
> You have to set the SPN for the SS server, the SS service accounts, and
> make sure that the accounts are marked correctly for delegation purposes.
> Sincerely,
>
> Anthony Thomas
>
> --
> "Hans Pickelmann" <info@.dotnetjunkies.de> wrote in message
> news:%23gTUNqx0EHA.3704@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hey NG,
> I haved installed a linked server (SQL-Server200), but when I click on
> the
> Table or views the following error occours:
> --
> Fehler 7399: Der OLE DB-Provider 'SQLOLEDB' meldete einen Fehler.
> OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBInitialize::Initialize
> returned 0x80004005: ].
> --
> in my Firewall/Router I have open the Port 1433.
> what should I do to make the LinkedServer running well.
>|||Hans,
Perhaps you installed the linked server incorrectly. Did you run
sp_addlinkedsrvlogin? If you are sure you've set up the server and
login correctly, see if this is the problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314530. By the way, from the error
message you're getting, it looks like you may have a trace flag enabled
to give more detailed error messages - be sure you want it on, since it
might cause some performance problems elsewhere.
Steve Kass
Drew University
Hans Pickelmann wrote:
>Hey NG,
>I haved installed a linked server (SQL-Server200), but when I click on the
>Table or views the following error occours:
>--
>Fehler 7399: Der OLE DB-Provider 'SQLOLEDB' meldete einen Fehler.
>OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBInitialize::Initialize
>returned 0x80004005: ].
>--
>in my Firewall/Router I have open the Port 1433.
>what should I do to make the LinkedServer running well.
>
>|||Hey Steve,
i installed the linked server with the wizard.
if have read that this Trace Flag gives me more infos about the error...
and i have executed "DBCC TRACEON (7300, 3604)"
after a while of testing I have executed the DBCC-Command "DBCC traceoff
(7300, 3604)"
but the detailed info comes again I have stopped and started the SQL-Server
but this detailed Errormessage comes again.
greetinx from Germany and thanx for your advice
Hans Pickelmann
"Steve Kass" <skass@.drew.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:uERxqvZ1EHA.3908@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hans,
> Perhaps you installed the linked server incorrectly. Did you run
> sp_addlinkedsrvlogin? If you are sure you've set up the server and login
> correctly, see if this is the problem:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314530. By the way, from the error
> message you're getting, it looks like you may have a trace flag enabled to
> give more detailed error messages - be sure you want it on, since it might
> cause some performance problems elsewhere.
> Steve Kass
> Drew University
>
> Hans Pickelmann wrote:
>>Hey NG,
>>I haved installed a linked server (SQL-Server200), but when I click on the
>>Table or views the following error occours:
>>--
>>Fehler 7399: Der OLE DB-Provider 'SQLOLEDB' meldete einen Fehler.
>>OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBInitialize::Initialize
>>returned 0x80004005: ].
>>--
>>in my Firewall/Router I have open the Port 1433.
>>what should I do to make the LinkedServer running well.
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment