Friday, March 30, 2012

Linking reports

Hello,
I am currently working on a project that involves tracking progress over several months. So, for the month of July, I need to show the results of June, May, etc. The easiest way I can think of doing this is to "connect" to the previous month's report. Can this be done? The only other options I can think of are:
A. have my July month recalculate all the values to the beginning of the year.
B. create an new table in my DB that will store the carry-over variables from the months before.
Any input would be appreciated.
No, you should make a query which give you all the summarized data. Then organize them into the report. And put a link in each month column to jump to the detailed report of the selected month.

The best solution is to design cubes and obtain data from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment