Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Linking Drill through Report based on dynamic textbox source.

I'm trying to link a drill through report based on a text box that is derived from a "Switch" function. I only want the drill through capability if the source for the textbox is a certain field from my dataset.
ex: =Switch( Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Division", Fields!BranchDivision.Value , Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Region", Fields!BranchRegion.Value, Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Branch", Fields!BranchNbr.Value, Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Satellite", Fields!BranchSatId.Value, Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Loan Officer", Fields!LONbr.Value)
so if I only wanted the above textbox to navigate to a subreport if it returned LONbr as the source, what expression would I put in the "Jump to Report" advanced property?Try =IIF(Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Loan Officer", <your subreport>,
Nothing).
Fang Wang (MSFT)
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"JKS" <JKS@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:809BE35A-3B2C-4F50-8248-2DAF1709DCF4@.microsoft.com...
> I'm trying to link a drill through report based on a text box that is
derived from a "Switch" function. I only want the drill through capability
if the source for the textbox is a certain field from my dataset.
> ex: =Switch( Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Division",
Fields!BranchDivision.Value , Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Region",
Fields!BranchRegion.Value, Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Branch",
Fields!BranchNbr.Value, Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Satellite",
Fields!BranchSatId.Value, Parameters!SummaryBy.Value = "Loan Officer",
Fields!LONbr.Value)
> so if I only wanted the above textbox to navigate to a subreport if it
returned LONbr as the source, what expression would I put in the "Jump to
Report" advanced property?

No comments:

Post a Comment