Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Linking and sorting multiple datasets in a single report

Hi,
I have got a report which uses two different datasets that combined
give me the required output. I am now required to combine the two
datasets into a single data region and sequence it appropriately. Is
there an easy way to do this within reporting services?
The sources of the datasets are stored proc's with about 3000 lines of
code in each. I could combine the two to give me the desired sequenced
results but this will require a lot of work and testing to ensure
everything still works correctly. Surely there must be an easy way to
achieve this without having to resort to this.
Thanks in advance.
VaughanFor a 1:1 or a 1:M you should use subreports. Subreports are really the only
way to tie two datasets together.
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Vorno" <vaughank@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:1166404556.499638.139780@.n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
> I have got a report which uses two different datasets that combined
> give me the required output. I am now required to combine the two
> datasets into a single data region and sequence it appropriately. Is
> there an easy way to do this within reporting services?
> The sources of the datasets are stored proc's with about 3000 lines of
> code in each. I could combine the two to give me the desired sequenced
> results but this will require a lot of work and testing to ensure
> everything still works correctly. Surely there must be an easy way to
> achieve this without having to resort to this.
> Thanks in advance.
> Vaughan
>|||Thanks Bruce, I'll give it a try. Cheers
Bruce L-C [MVP] wrote:
> For a 1:1 or a 1:M you should use subreports. Subreports are really the only
> way to tie two datasets together.
>
> --
> Bruce Loehle-Conger
> MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
> "Vorno" <vaughank@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1166404556.499638.139780@.n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have got a report which uses two different datasets that combined
> > give me the required output. I am now required to combine the two
> > datasets into a single data region and sequence it appropriately. Is
> > there an easy way to do this within reporting services?
> >
> > The sources of the datasets are stored proc's with about 3000 lines of
> > code in each. I could combine the two to give me the desired sequenced
> > results but this will require a lot of work and testing to ensure
> > everything still works correctly. Surely there must be an easy way to
> > achieve this without having to resort to this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Vaughan
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment