Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Linking Access to SQL Server

Hi,

I have an existing Access DB with many Tables, Forms, Queries and Reports. I need to put a SQL Server Back end on this database.

Do I need to code a mirror images of these objects or is there some way to export these into SQL Server?

Also, where do I deal with assigning usernames and passwords? Access or SQL Server. I need to have different views for different users based upon their rights (user, admin)

Thanks,

Mark

There is a full upsizing process that will handle all this for you. Read more here:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/solutions/migration/access/default.mspx

|||

Hi Mark:

I am not sure if I understand your questions entirely.

If you are looking a way to convert your access database to sql database, following is the link to MSDN article that may help:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa164792(office.10).aspx

About second part of your questions (usernames and password). Could you please provide more information?

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment