Friday, March 30, 2012

linking from one report to another

Hi
I've build my own report viewer app in an aspx project. This is made
up using frames - top frame for navigation, bottom frame for viewing
reports. One of my reports links to another report. I have this
working, but have 2 issues...
1. When I click on the link it loads the new report in the entire
window - overriding my frame. This also prints the entire url in the
address bar of the browser, parameters and all. I need to load it in
the correct frame in the frameset.
2. Hovering over the link to the report shows the url in the status
bar. I don't want this to happen either.
Can anybody help with a solution for either of these'
Thanks,
Gearoidok, i solved the first part of this by adding -
&rc:LinkTarget=frameName - to the url string of the report which links
to the graph. All reports which stem from the base report inherit the
same properties.
Now just to hide urls in the status bar...
ghealy@.gmail.com (Gear?id) wrote in message news:<173a60fb.0409200812.75da1f0a@.posting.google.com>...
> Hi
> I've build my own report viewer app in an aspx project. This is made
> up using frames - top frame for navigation, bottom frame for viewing
> reports. One of my reports links to another report. I have this
> working, but have 2 issues...
> 1. When I click on the link it loads the new report in the entire
> window - overriding my frame. This also prints the entire url in the
> address bar of the browser, parameters and all. I need to load it in
> the correct frame in the frameset.
> 2. Hovering over the link to the report shows the url in the status
> bar. I don't want this to happen either.
> Can anybody help with a solution for either of these'
> Thanks,
> Gearoid

No comments:

Post a Comment