Friday, March 30, 2012

Linking Reports in different projects

Is there a way to link reports from one project to reports in a second
project?You do this from report manager. Open up the properties of the report you
want to create a linked report of and then specify the location the linked
report should go in.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"sfibich" <sfibich@.pfgc.com> wrote in message
news:eQM9U%2334EHA.1692@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Is there a way to link reports from one project to reports in a second
> project?|||Bruce L-C [MVP] wrote:
> You do this from report manager. Open up the properties of the report you
> want to create a linked report of and then specify the location the linked
> report should go in.
>
But this does not work when reports are in different projects or is
there something I am missing?|||The way it works for me is each project is a directory on the web server. If
I have a project/directory that I want the same report to show in both then
from report manager (not from the IDE, you can not do this from within VS)
follow the directions I gave you below. Try one, it will make sense once you
do one.
"sfibich" <sfibich@.pfgc.com> wrote in message
news:ugXBpP44EHA.1564@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Bruce L-C [MVP] wrote:
> > You do this from report manager. Open up the properties of the report
you
> > want to create a linked report of and then specify the location the
linked
> > report should go in.
> >
> But this does not work when reports are in different projects or is
> there something I am missing?|||Bruce L-C [MVP] wrote:
> The way it works for me is each project is a directory on the web server. If
> I have a project/directory that I want the same report to show in both then
> from report manager (not from the IDE, you can not do this from within VS)
> follow the directions I gave you below. Try one, it will make sense once you
> do one.
>
> "sfibich" <sfibich@.pfgc.com> wrote in message
> news:ugXBpP44EHA.1564@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>>Bruce L-C [MVP] wrote:
>>
>>You do this from report manager. Open up the properties of the report
> you
>>want to create a linked report of and then specify the location the
> linked
>>report should go in.
>>
>>But this does not work when reports are in different projects or is
>>there something I am missing?
>
>
Oh, now I see. Sorry I was so thick headed about this. This is going
to be a nightmare for me as I have many reports that need to be in sub
projects because of security reasons but most reports in one level need
to link down to the next level.
Thanks agian for you help.|||If I'm just creating a link from a textbox, I simply use the URL option of
the action property of the textbox to link to the report. You may still have
some security issues, but it works well for me.
"sfibich" wrote:
> Is there a way to link reports from one project to reports in a second
> project?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment