Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LinkeServer Problems...

Hey NG,
I haved installed a linked server (SQL-Server200), but when I click on the
Table or views the following error occours:
--
Fehler 7399: Der OLE DB-Provider 'SQLOLEDB' meldete einen Fehler.
OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBInitialize::Initialize
returned 0x80004005: ].
--
in my Firewall/Router I have open the Port 1433.
what should I do to make the LinkedServer running well.That's an initialization failure...a pretty generic OLEDB error. Sounds lik
e you have yet to configure the Security mappings correctly. If you are att
empting to use Windows Authentication Delegation, you have a LOT of work ahe
ad of you to configure Kerberos correctly for delegation.
You have to set the SPN for the SS server, the SS service accounts, and make
sure that the accounts are marked correctly for delegation purposes.
Sincerely,
Anthony Thomas
--
"Hans Pickelmann" <info@.dotnetjunkies.de> wrote in message news:%23gTUNqx0
EHA.3704@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Hey NG,
I haved installed a linked server (SQL-Server200), but when I click on the
Table or views the following error occours:
--
Fehler 7399: Der OLE DB-Provider 'SQLOLEDB' meldete einen Fehler.
OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBInitialize::Initiali
ze
returned 0x80004005: ].
--
in my Firewall/Router I have open the Port 1433.
what should I do to make the LinkedServer running well.|||hey Anthony,
thanx for your answer, but my problem is that I dont't understand anything
of the "Security mappings" and the "Windows Authentication Delegation". I am
only familiar with the normal Windows-Users and -Groups administration.
I have never heard something about SPN (do you mean the Service Principle
Name )...
My question is: Is this a normal configuration I have to do, or the problems
come from a misconfiguration of my system?
Sincerely,
Hans Pickelmann
"AnthonyThomas" <Anthony.Thomas@.CommerceBank.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:%23mQjqXL1EHA.2540@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> That's an initialization failure...a pretty generic OLEDB error. Sounds
> like you have yet to configure the Security mappings correctly. If you
> are attempting to use Windows Authentication Delegation, you have a LOT of
> work ahead of you to configure Kerberos correctly for delegation.
> You have to set the SPN for the SS server, the SS service accounts, and
> make sure that the accounts are marked correctly for delegation purposes.
> Sincerely,
>
> Anthony Thomas
>
> --
> "Hans Pickelmann" <info@.dotnetjunkies.de> wrote in message
> news:%23gTUNqx0EHA.3704@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Hey NG,
> I haved installed a linked server (SQL-Server200), but when I click on
> the
> Table or views the following error occours:
> --
> Fehler 7399: Der OLE DB-Provider 'SQLOLEDB' meldete einen Fehler.
> OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBInitialize::Initial
ize
> returned 0x80004005: ].
> --
> in my Firewall/Router I have open the Port 1433.
> what should I do to make the LinkedServer running well.
>|||Hans,
Perhaps you installed the linked server incorrectly. Did you run
sp_addlinkedsrvlogin? If you are sure you've set up the server and
login correctly, see if this is the problem:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314530. By the way, from the error
message you're getting, it looks like you may have a trace flag enabled
to give more detailed error messages - be sure you want it on, since it
might cause some performance problems elsewhere.
Steve Kass
Drew University
Hans Pickelmann wrote:

>Hey NG,
>I haved installed a linked server (SQL-Server200), but when I click on the
>Table or views the following error occours:
>--
>Fehler 7399: Der OLE DB-Provider 'SQLOLEDB' meldete einen Fehler.
>OLE DB-Fehlertrace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBInitialize::Initializ
e
>returned 0x80004005: ].
>--
>in my Firewall/Router I have open the Port 1433.
>what should I do to make the LinkedServer running well.
>
>|||Hey Steve,
i installed the linked server with the wizard.
if have read that this Trace Flag gives me more infos about the error...
and i have executed "DBCC TRACEON (7300, 3604)"
after a while of testing I have executed the DBCC-Command "DBCC traceoff
(7300, 3604)"
but the detailed info comes again I have stopped and started the SQL-Server
but this detailed Errormessage comes again.
greetinx from Germany and thanx for your advice
Hans Pickelmann
"Steve Kass" <skass@.drew.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:uERxqvZ1EHA.3908@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Hans,
> Perhaps you installed the linked server incorrectly. Did you run
> sp_addlinkedsrvlogin? If you are sure you've set up the server and login
> correctly, see if this is the problem:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314530. By the way, from the error
> message you're getting, it looks like you may have a trace flag enabled to
> give more detailed error messages - be sure you want it on, since it might
> cause some performance problems elsewhere.
> Steve Kass
> Drew University
>
> Hans Pickelmann wrote:
>

No comments:

Post a Comment