Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Linking a matrix to a chart

Hello,
I do not know if it is possible but let me explain what I want.
I have a matrix which contains to groups on rows: region and process. The
region can be expanded so that the process group becomes visible.
I have created a chart based on the same dataset. What is want is dynamic
grouping based on the visibility of the processgroup of the matrix.
Thus when the report is rendered the matrix only shows data for the region.
When the region is expanded the matrix shows three processes for that region.
I would like that the chart shows the three processes when the region is
expaned. It can be done by changing the grouping value for the chart_series
group from region to process. But I want this to happen dynamically.
Any ideas?
Regards,
QI'm sorry but linking across data regions (e.g. matrix and chart) is not
possible. The closest you can get today is to do this via a report
parameter - i.e. the parameter value determines the show/hide state of the
matrix group and the dynamic grouping expression of the chart.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Qbee" <Qbee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8C88F103-845C-48BD-A3A5-1DA7C1854015@.microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> I do not know if it is possible but let me explain what I want.
> I have a matrix which contains to groups on rows: region and process. The
> region can be expanded so that the process group becomes visible.
> I have created a chart based on the same dataset. What is want is dynamic
> grouping based on the visibility of the processgroup of the matrix.
> Thus when the report is rendered the matrix only shows data for the
> region.
> When the region is expanded the matrix shows three processes for that
> region.
> I would like that the chart shows the three processes when the region is
> expaned. It can be done by changing the grouping value for the
> chart_series
> group from region to process. But I want this to happen dynamically.
> Any ideas?
> Regards,
> Q|||Thank Robert for your reply.
Is this feature on the whishlist for the a version?
Q
"Robert Bruckner [MSFT]" wrote:
> I'm sorry but linking across data regions (e.g. matrix and chart) is not
> possible. The closest you can get today is to do this via a report
> parameter - i.e. the parameter value determines the show/hide state of the
> matrix group and the dynamic grouping expression of the chart.
> --
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> "Qbee" <Qbee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8C88F103-845C-48BD-A3A5-1DA7C1854015@.microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > I do not know if it is possible but let me explain what I want.
> >
> > I have a matrix which contains to groups on rows: region and process. The
> > region can be expanded so that the process group becomes visible.
> > I have created a chart based on the same dataset. What is want is dynamic
> > grouping based on the visibility of the processgroup of the matrix.
> > Thus when the report is rendered the matrix only shows data for the
> > region.
> > When the region is expanded the matrix shows three processes for that
> > region.
> > I would like that the chart shows the three processes when the region is
> > expaned. It can be done by changing the grouping value for the
> > chart_series
> > group from region to process. But I want this to happen dynamically.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Q
>
>|||Yes, we are aware of the usefulness of this feature and will look into
providing a solution in a future release. The more customers requesting it,
the higher the relative priority compared to many other feature requests.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Qbee" <Qbee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1ABFFAE3-6C17-4020-856F-6DAE3C588C94@.microsoft.com...
> Thank Robert for your reply.
> Is this feature on the whishlist for the a version?
> Q
> "Robert Bruckner [MSFT]" wrote:
>> I'm sorry but linking across data regions (e.g. matrix and chart) is not
>> possible. The closest you can get today is to do this via a report
>> parameter - i.e. the parameter value determines the show/hide state of
>> the
>> matrix group and the dynamic grouping expression of the chart.
>> --
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>>
>> "Qbee" <Qbee@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:8C88F103-845C-48BD-A3A5-1DA7C1854015@.microsoft.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > I do not know if it is possible but let me explain what I want.
>> >
>> > I have a matrix which contains to groups on rows: region and process.
>> > The
>> > region can be expanded so that the process group becomes visible.
>> > I have created a chart based on the same dataset. What is want is
>> > dynamic
>> > grouping based on the visibility of the processgroup of the matrix.
>> > Thus when the report is rendered the matrix only shows data for the
>> > region.
>> > When the region is expanded the matrix shows three processes for that
>> > region.
>> > I would like that the chart shows the three processes when the region
>> > is
>> > expaned. It can be done by changing the grouping value for the
>> > chart_series
>> > group from region to process. But I want this to happen dynamically.
>> >
>> > Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Q
>>

No comments:

Post a Comment